Thank you for visiting the Washington DC Chapter of the Society of Broadcast Engineers. We're glad you're here!
Hello Chapter 37!
A quick reminder that there is no April meeting due to NAB in Las Vegas. Our next meeting for Chapter 37 will be at Radio One in Silver Spring on May 11 at 630P with Chris Imlay and his annual Regulatory Update. Watch the chapter website for details! www.sbe37.org.
From John Poray and the National Office...
- If you're heading to the NAB Show, be sure to include the SBE Spring Membership Meeting and reception on your schedule. Both are on Tuesday, April 25 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, with the meeting at 5:15 in N256 and the reception at 6:15 in N243. Lots of prizes at both and free finger food and beverages at the reception.
- Thanks to all those who have renewed their membership this year. Even though the April 1 renewal deadline has passed, you can still renew during the grace period and avoid being dropped from membership.
- The annual SBE Compensation Survey is underway. The more responses we receive, the more accurate and helpful the survey results are to you and other members. The full survey report will be available to all SBE members in June. To access the survey, go to the SBE website, www.sbe.org and click on the SBE Compensation Survey icon on the front page.
If you are in Las Vegas for the NAB Show, be sure to stop by the SBE booth in the North Hall second floor meeting room area (Booth NL1 – near N256) and say hello!
Lastly from your Chapter leadership, if you haven't been to a meeting in a while, we know the summer months can be even more difficult to find time. I hope that you will fight to find time to come join us!
Kent Kramer, Chairman
Brian Oliger, Vice Chairman
Dan Ryson, Secretary
Fred Willard, Treasurer
Chapter 37 is a very diverse group, including a variety of media professionals in the Nation's Capitol. Our members include local radio and television engineers, national and international network technicians, consulting engineers, electronics manufacturers and Federal employees working in broadcast related positions.
Regardless of your area of broadcast interest, you are sure to find a warm welcome at the Washington DC Chapter of the Society of Broadcast Engineers. Please join us at our next meeting and try us out for size. We hope you will enjoy your visit.
Please check out details of our next meeting. We hope to see you there! Future SBE meetings include:
- April: Due to conflicts with the NAB Convention, we traditionally take a month off during April. This year is no exception. Have a great month off!
- May 11th: Chris Imlay, SBE's General Counsel, will be on hand with his annual (and quite popular) Regulatory Update. Chris always has an interesting perspective on the current and future state of affairs at the FCC and other government agencies.