Knowledgeable, technically astute, hands-on professional needed as Video Production Lead in RFA’s Technical Operations Division. This position leads and directs live and pre-recorded video production, and – working closely with RFA language service journalists – executes the technical components of RFA’s video programming.
RFA is in the start-up phase of expanding its video production capability. The Video Production Lead will have a major role in the planning and implementation of RFA’s automated video production workflow and technical facility. The position reports to the Director of Program & Operations Support, in DC headquarters, and may evolve into a hands-on managerial role as video becomes a more integral part of RFA’s daily broadcast stream.
- Leading and overseeing all technical aspects of video production, including Technical Operations production work assignments and the overall technical environment for RFA’s video programming.
- Maintaining the consistency of RFA’s video programming by, among other means, establishing operating standards for all video productions and adapting the workflow as necessary.
- Acting as the main point of contact and coordinating work with other RFA departments to ensure that operational and technical support meets the needs of RFA’s journalists. Participating as the Technical Operations representative in all pre- and post-production meetings.
- Assisting Technical Operations management in the planning and execution of video facility maintenance, design upgrades, and special projects and events.
- Managing and overseeing all pre-production preparation, including but not limited to: loading of automation schedules, studio set-up, lighting set-up, and camera programming.
- Designing and maintaining a training program for RFA video production facilities and workflow, and serving as a trainer for the program when required.
- Staying current with industry best practices and developments to stay up-to-date on video production technology.
- Performing other responsibilities as assigned.
- At least five years of experience in video technical direction, with team-lead or supervisory experience.
- At least five years of experience working with professional video equipment, including but not limited to: lighting, CG systems, green screen systems, video routers, automated control systems, and camera robotics.
- Experience with a video newsroom automation system, such as the AP ENPS system, and capability of programming and following an on-air rundown schedule.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and to provide quick turn-around against high-pressure deadlines.
- Proven ability to diagnose and remedy complex production problems in an on-air broadcast environment.
- Proficiency in any of RFA’s broadcast languages is considered a plus.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity
RFA reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. The above description pertains to an “at-will” position with RFA and in no way constitutes a written or implied contract of employment.
RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA.
RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to apply
Send resume with cover letter (making reference to Video Production Lead position) via: