Jobs - Positions Wanted
As a service to its members, SBE Chapter 37 publishes DC - area industry related job openings. Additionally, we are pleased to post positions wanted.
Should you wish to post your job or position here, please drop us a line.
We are seeking a Staff Engineer to assist the Chief Engineer in the duties of the engineering department at our Baltimore, MD cluster. This position will support the broadcast and IT infrastructure for our 4 radio stations. The ideal candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision, work well under pressure, and be solution-oriented. Primary responsibilities include the repair, installation and maintenance of all station equipment including transmitters, studio equipment, remote equipment, telephones, computers and computer networks. Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a broadcast environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a critical component of this role. SBE or Network Certifications are strongly preferred. Salary will be based on experience.
Responsibilities and Skills:
A valid driver's license is required. We offer a great working environment and generous benefits package, including 401K!
Send cover letter and resume to:
(Entered: 04/03/2015. Posted: 04/03/2015-07/03/2015)
Radio Free Asia
Radio Free Asia (RFA / www.rfa.org), a Washington, DC-based private, nonprofit corporation that broadcasts news and information to listeners in Asian countries where full, accurate, and timely news reports are unavailable, is seeking a self-motivated, creative, and technically proficient Broadcast Engineer to join its Projects & Development (P&D) team.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity
RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the selected candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA.
RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to apply
Send résumé with cover letter (making reference to “Broadcast Engineer” position) via e-mail to email@example.com or via fax to 202-530-7797.
(Entered: 02/27/2015. Posted: 02/27/2015-05/27/2015)
CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Lanham, MD, US
• Responsible for installation, maintenance, and repair of all station computer systems, networks, servers, and for desktop support.
• Develop solutions and recommend system changes as needed.
• Resolve technical problems for critical systems with regard to security, performance, recovery, management and/or usage to company standards.
• Install, maintain and support operation of Audio Vault digital automation systems; Burli, Motion Mix, and other newsroom software systems; audio and videos editors, and other radio and business support software.
• Setup and maintain streaming systems
• Assist engineering in the setup, maintenance and operation of HD radio systems
• Assist engineering in the setup, maintenance RBDS and HD data applications
• Support of CBS specific software, local and cloud based, including IBS, Oracle, etc.
• Interface with CBS corporate IT. Ensure compliance with CBS Corporate IT policies, policies and practices.
• 24/7 on call.
• Reliable personal vehicle is required for 24hr. response for emergencies.
• Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
3+ years’ experience in technical support role. Vast knowledge of following systems: Dell hardware, smartphones, computer operating systems particularly Windows; MS Office Suite including MS Outlook, and other business, audio and video editing, and broadcast software. Excellent customer service skills are required; must be extremely organized, self-starter, and detail oriented. 4 year BS, technical degree, 2 year AS in IT related curriculum, or comparable experience. Microsoft certification preferred. Prior broadcast experience in IT and/or engineering a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to identify colors, use close and distant vision, visually focus, hear, balance, sit, walk, bend, touch/feel, carry up to 25 pounds, climb, squat, crawl, stand, lift, push/pull, reach, twist and turn. Job requires a majority of work-time to be spent sitting and typing at computers.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on-line at: www.cbsdc.com
(Entered: 02/10/2015. Posted: 02/10/2015-05/10/2015)