August 4, 2015
Jobs - Positions Wanted
As a service to its members, SBE Chapter 37 publishes DC - area industry related job openings. Additionally, we are pleased to post positions wanted.
Should you wish to post your job or position here, please drop us a line.
Hearst WBAL & WIYY-FM
WBAL-AM & WIYY-FM, Hearst Television owned is looking for a motivated, forward thinking leader for the Engineering department. Should have strong technical, communication and IT skills.
- Oversee all studio, transmitter and field equipment
- Prepare capital and operating budgets for stations
- Make all capital purchases for station and maintain asset inventory
- Work closely with programming, promotions, sales and news departments in a productive, communicative way, in order to help achieve their needs and goals
- Manage maintenance staff
- Maintain redundancy and emergency continuation of business
- Ensure station is compliant with FCC rules and regulations
- Provide off-hours support of station when necessary
- Establish and follow all necessary regular measurements, checks, maintenance, etc.
- Maintain all aspects of 48 acre AM transmitter site, towers and facility PEP Program station representative
- Manage UST and FEMA equipment
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds, climb a ladder and valid driver’s license required
- Transmitter maintenance
- Broadcast Automation systems, WideOrbit Automation preferred.
- Previous leadership and management experience
- Budgeting and Capital planning
- 5+ years in radio engineering
WBAL-TV, WBAL-AM and WIYY-FM are equal opportunity employers and are dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the stations. We seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our stations.
(Entered: 05/20/2015. Posted: 05/20/2015-08/20/2015)
Copyright © 2015 Society of Broadcast Engineers Chapter 37 Inc., All Rights Reserved