The Society of Broadcast Engineers, the association for broadcast and multimedia technology professionals, announces the results of the 2022 election for the national board of directors. Andrea Cummis, CBT, CTO, was re-elected as the society’s president. Cummis is the chief technical officer of PBS39/WLVT-TV, in Bethlehem, PA. She is the first woman to be elected to hold the office. She is a member of SBE Chapter 15 in New York City.
On her re-election, President Cummis said, “My first year in office has gone by quickly, and I’m proud of what we have accomplished so far. In the coming year, I feel we can continue with the momentum we started and further the goals of the Society.”
Also re-elected was Vice President Ted Hand, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, ATSC3, DRB, of Chapter 45 Charlotte; Charlotte, NC. Ted also begins his second term.
SBE Secretary Kevin Trueblood, CBRE, CBNT (Chapter 90 Southwest FL; Ft. Myers, FL), and SBE Treasurer Jason Ornellas, CBRE (Chapter 43 Sacramento; Sacramento, CA), ran for each other’s offices and will swap duties when they are sworn in on Sept. 29 at the SBE National Meeting, Trueblood becoming treasurer and Ornellas becoming secretary.
Serving two-year terms on the board of directors, which also begin Sept. 29 are:
• David Antoine, CBRE, CBNT; Chapter 15 New York City; Bronx, NY
• Greg Dahl, CPBE; Chapter 96 Rockford; Rockford, IL
• Mark Heller, CPBE; Chapter 80 Fox Valley; Two Rivers, WI
• Tom McGinley, CPBE, AMD, CBNT; Chapter 16 Seattle; Missoula, MT
• Shane Toven, CPBE, DRB, CBNE; Chapter 43 Sacramento; Antelope, CA
• Fred Willard, CPBE, 8-VSB, CBNT; Chapter 37 District of Columbia; Washington, DC
McGinley, Toven and Willard were incumbents and were re-elected.
The national board of directors of the SBE is responsible for the development of policy and determines the programs and services the society provides to its nearly 5,000 members. Those elected will begin their terms on Sept. 29, 2022, during the SBE Membership Meeting. They will join the other six directors who have another year remaining in their terms:
• Zhulieta Ibisheva, CBTE, CBT; Chapter 50 Hawaii; Honolulu, HI
• Jeff Juniet, CBTE; Chapter 42 Central Florida; Casselberry, FL
• Charles “Ched” Keiler, CPBE, 8-VSB, CBNE; Chapter 53 South Florida; Ft. Lauderdale, FL
• Geary S. Morrill, CPBE, AMD, CBNE; Chapter 91 Central Michigan; Saginaw, MI
• David Ratener, CPBE, CBNT; Chapter 16 Seattle; Seattle, WA
• Dan Whealy, CBTE; Chapter 96 Rockford; Sumner, IA
Wayne Pecena, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, ATSC3, DRB, CBNE, of College Station, TX, continues serving on the board as immediate past president.
The SBE National Meeting and Awards Presentation will be held Sept. 19, 2022 at 4 p.m. ET, during the SBE National Meeting, which will be held in conjunction with the SBE22 Broadcast and Technology Expo in Liverpool, NY, part of the Syracuse metro.
The post SBE Re-Elects Andrea Cummis as President appeared first on The Society of Broadcast Engineers.