Welcome to SBE Chapter 37
We're Glad You're Here!
SBE Chapter 37 is a group of broadcast engineers and multimedia technology professionals based in and near Washington, DC
Chapter 37 Events
We're Always Planning Something Cool. Check Out Our Events!
All the SBE National news that's fit to print.
About SBE Chapter 37
SBE Chapter 37 is a local, Washington, DC-based professional organization of friendly radio, television, and multimedia technology professionals. Our group includes local, national, and international network technicians, consulting engineers, electronics manufacturers, and Federal employees working in media and broadcasting positions. If that describes you, you’re welcome to attend one of our meetings or join our group!
Most of our members live, work, or have roots in Washington, DC or the nearby Maryland or Virginia Suburbs. We meet most months to exchange ideas, increase our skill levels, and (sometimes) just to socialize. Chapter 37 is part of the Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE), the only organization devoted to the advancement of all levels and types of broadcast engineering. With nearly 5,000 members and 114 local chapters worldwide, the SBE provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and the sharing of information to help media professionals keep pace with our rapidly changing industry. The SBE amplifies the voices of broadcast engineers by validating skills with professional certification, offering educational opportunities to maintain and expand those skills, and speaking out on technical regulatory issues that affect how you work.
Regardless of your area of broadcast interest, you are sure to find a warm welcome at the Washington DC Chapter of the Society of Broadcast Engineers. Please join us at our next meeting and try us out for size. We hope you will enjoy your visit.
SBE Chapter 37 Current Events
with Coe Ramsey, Noah Hock, and Patrick Cross
What: SBE Law Update
When: April 11, 2023 at 6:30 PM
Where: Virtual Zoom Meeting Register Here
The SBE is an advocate for its members on regulatory and legislative issues at the FCC, NTIA, Capitol Hill, and beyond that affect broadcast engineers. The Society's focus on these issues is driven by the SBE Board, Government Relations Committee, Regulatory Counsel, as well as interested members like you.
Our April meeting will introduce SBE's Regulatory Counsel team consisting of Coe Ramsey, Noah Hock, and Patrick Cross of Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard, LLP (Brooks Pierce). Brooks Pierce is a Raleigh, NC based law firm that serves businesses, government, non-profit institutions, trade associations and individuals. As outlined below, The Regulatory Counsel team is highly experienced with broadcast technical regulatory issues. We anticipate discussing SBE's current legislative issues.
SBE Chapter 37 Recent Events
With Steve Holmes, Joseph Castellano, and Scott Cannon
With David Layer, Russ Mundschenk, and Mike Rhodes
With John Lowe of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
With Jacob Daniluck of Tieline
- NAB Announces 2023 Engineering Achievement Award HonoreesMichael Cooney and H. Douglas Lung to receive awards at 2023 NAB Show The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) announced that two SBE members are the recipients of the 2023 NAB Engineering Achievement Awards. The Read more…
- SBE 2023 Membership Drive Runs March 1 to May 31With the theme, The SBE and YOU: The Perfect Fit, the SBE will launch the 2023 Membership Drive on March 1, 2023, running through May 31, 2023. As with Membership Drives in previous years, SBE Read more…
- SBE 2023 Leadership Development Course Set for August 3-4The Society of Broadcast Engineers will hold the 2023 SBE Leadership Development Course August 2-4, 2023, in Atlanta, GA. This three-day course is an intensive study of successful leadership and management, designed specifically for broadcast Read more…
- Nomination Committee Seeks Candidates for 2023 SBE ElectionsThe annual election of officers and directors to the national SBE Board of Directors will take place this summer. The SBE Nominations Committee seeks qualified candidates who are voting members (Member, Senior, Fellow or the Read more…
- FCC Sets Date for Stations to File 2022 Form One in ETRSThe FCC has extended the filling date for the EAS Test Reporting System (ETRS) form one to February 28, 2023. This is required to be filed annually, but due to delays in testing the National Read more…
Get in Touch
Drop us an E-Mail!
Drop us an E-mail!