Welcome to SBE Chapter 37
We're Glad You're Here!
About SBE Chapter 37
SBE Chapter 37 is a local, Washington, DC-based professional organization of friendly radio, television, and multimedia technology professionals. Our group includes local, national, and international network technicians, consulting engineers, electronics manufacturers, and Federal employees working in media and broadcasting positions. If that describes you, you’re welcome to attend one of our meetings or join our group!
Most of our members live, work, or have roots in Washington, DC or the nearby Maryland or Virginia Suburbs. We meet most months to exchange ideas, increase our skill levels, and (sometimes) just to socialize. Chapter 37 is part of the Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE), the only organization devoted to the advancement of all levels and types of broadcast engineering. With nearly 5,000 members and 114 local chapters worldwide, the SBE provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and the sharing of information to help media professionals keep pace with our rapidly changing industry. The SBE amplifies the voices of broadcast engineers by validating skills with professional certification, offering educational opportunities to maintain and expand those skills, and speaking out on technical regulatory issues that affect how you work.
Regardless of your area of broadcast interest, you are sure to find a warm welcome at the Washington DC Chapter of the Society of Broadcast Engineers. Please join us at our next meeting and try us out for size. We hope you will enjoy your visit.
SBE Chapter 37 Current Events
with David Layer, Russ Mundschenk, and Mike Rhodes
Our February 15th, 2023 guest speakers will be David Layer, Vice President, Advanced Engineering in the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Technology Department; Russ Mundschenk, retired Xperi Field Test Manager; and Mike Rhodes, Senior Engineer, Cavell, Mertz and Associates, Inc. This in-person meeting will be held at the new NAB headquarters building at 1 M Street SE, Washington, DC near Nationals Park. We ask you to Register Here and let us know whether you're attending in-person or via Zoom so we can make the necessary arrangements.
SBE Chapter 37 Recent Events
With John Lowe of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Nomination Committee Seeks Candidates for 2023 SBE ElectionsThe annual election of officers and directors to the national SBE Board of Directors will take place this summer. The SBE Nominations Committee seeks qualified candidates who are voting members (Member, Senior, Fellow or the Read more…
- FCC Sets Date for Stations to File 2022 Form One in ETRSThe FCC has extended the filling date for the EAS Test Reporting System (ETRS) form one to February 28, 2023. This is required to be filed annually, but due to delays in testing the National Read more…
- SBE Expands SBE Ennes Workshop at 2023 NAB ShowRF 101 Boot Camp and NextGen Technical Training are the unique tracks for a two-day educational event. For many years, the Society of Broadcast Engineers, the association for broadcast and multimedia technology professionals, presented the Read more…
- SBE MemberPlus Adds SBE University Courses to Member BenefitThe Society of Broadcast Engineers, the association for broadcast and multimedia technology professionals, introduced a membership benefit enhancement called SBE MemberPlus in 2018. SBE MemberPlus includes all the benefits of SBE membership and includes access Read more…
- SBE Mentor Program Adds Subject Matter ExpertsThe Society of Broadcast Engineers, the association for broadcast and multimedia technology professionals, recognizing the need to fast-track new technical talent in the broadcast technical environment, created the SBE Mentor Program in 2016. The program Read more…
Get in Touch
Drop us an E-Mail!
Drop us an E-mail!